Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 6

Today was not really a learning day. Spent many many hours on the road! I took about 4 naps on our way to Wallowa. We took about 2 gas stops/food/potty breaks :)
In total it took about 12 hours until we reached the Pow Wow. We blasted so much music on the way my vocal cords were sore. Once we got to the Pow Wow we set up our camp and headed to check things out. The dancers that were dancing were pretty good. I was more impressed with the girls fancy dancers overall. They were all fit and had a lot of energy. (I'm all about health and fitness)
They had some of the most amazing dresses that I have ever seen. Each dress estimated cost is about $2,000! Winner takes $300 so I'm guessing they just use the money to buy more dresses haha.
Overall the trip from Warm Springs to Wallowa, and then being at the Pow Wow was a very fun time. I also got to share part of my culture (even though I'm Yakama) with my friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment